BEET & CHARD RAGOUTBeets Recipes
- 4 lbs (2kg) beets, stems removed
- ¼ cup (50ml) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) chopped garlic
- 2 large bunches chard, stems and thick centre rib removed, sliced into ribbons
- 2 cups crumbled feta or goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Place beets in a baking dish with about ½ cup (125ml) water. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Or until beets are tender. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Peel beets cutting them in half or quarters, if needed. Toss with balsamic vinegar season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add garlic and chard and sauté together until chard is wilted, about 5 to 7 minutes. Combine with beets and sprinkle with cheese.
- To reheat, either reheat in a skillet or in a 350F (180C) oven but add cheese right before serving.
- Serves 20.
Compliments of Food & Drink, LCBO