Butternut SquashButternut Squash Recipes
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- Place a large pot on medium-high heat and drop in butter. Cook onion, potato and squash in butter for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until everything is golden brown. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute longer.
- Lower heat to medium. Add broth and low-boil mixture for 20-30 minutes or until it is fork tender. Add salt, pepper, brown sugar, and milk. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes longer on medium-low heat.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly off the heat. Ladle soup into a blender 1/3 at a time and puree until smooth.
- Serve in a big bowl with the garnish of your choice and a piece of fresh bread.
Tip-Garnish with fresh chopped herbs & sour cream, or go exotic with curry powder and sliced green onions.
Tip- No Blender? No Problem! Use a potato masher for a rustic hearty texture.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, chopped
- 1 can of our Compliments Evaporated Milk, (try coconut milk for an exotic twist.)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 Cups Compliments Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Recipe compliments of Sobeys