CUCUMBER SALSACucumber Recipes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Makes 3 cups (750ml)
- ½ field or English cucumber
- 1 roasted red pepper or ½ red pepper, chopped
- ¼ small red onion
- 1 cup (250ml) cherry tomatoes, preferably multicoloured
- 2 tbsp (30ml) red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp (2ml) each granulated sugar and salt
- ¼ cup (50ml) chopped cilantro
- Peel cucumber only if skin is thick. Slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrap out and discard seeds. Chop cucumbers, pepper and onion and place in a large bowl. Slice tomatoes in half and add.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with oil, garlic, oregano, sugar and salt. Stir in cucumber mixture to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. If making ahead cover and refrigerate up to a day.
Compliments of Chatelaine