CURIED SHRIMP AND CUCUMBERSCucumber Recipes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Makes 4 servings
- 340g pkg of frozen uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 2 field cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup (125ml) shredded fresh basil or chopped cilantro or 3 sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2 tsp (10ml) curry paste, such as Indian or Thai red curry
- ¼ tsp (1ml) salt (optional)
- Thaw shrimp fallowing package directions. Peel cucumbers only if skin is thick. Slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out seeds and discard. Thickly slice diagonally. Slice pepper and onion into thin bite-sized strips. Prepare garlic and basil and set all aside.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and stir frequently until it starts to soften, about 2 min. Add garlic and curry paste, then stir until fragrant, about 30 sec. Increase heat to medium-high. Scatter in shrimp and stir-fry until they start to turn bright pink, 1 to 3min. Add cucumber and pepper. Continue stir-frying until pepper is done as you like, and about 4 more minutes. Stir in basil. Taste and add salt if you wish. Best over basmati rice.
Compliments of Chatelaine Food