EASY BEEF ENCHILADASBeef Miscellaneous Recipes
- 2 lb (1kg) ground beef or 3 340g pkg of veggie ground round
- 2 tbsp (30ml) ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups (375ml) thick spicy salsa
- 400g bag shredded cheese such as cheddar-and-mozzarella mix, about 4 cups (1l)
- 1 cup (250ml) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 8 medium flour tortillas, about 7 in. (17.5cm) wide
- 1 cup (250ml) regular sour cream
- Preheat oven to 500F (260C). Oil a 9 X13-in. (3l) baking dish. Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crumble in meat. Sprinkle with cumin and ½ tsp (2ml) salt. (If using veggie ground round, omit salt.) Stir often with a fork to keep meat crumbly. Cook until no pink remains, about 5 min, or until veggie ground is hot. Stir in 1 cup (250ml) salsa. When hot, stir in half the cheese and half the cilantro.
- Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Spoon ¾ cup (175ml) meat mixture down the centre. Dot with 1 tbsp (15ml) sour cream. Roll tightly and place in dish, seam-side down with an open end touching the narrow side of dish. Place 3 rolls beside it. Fill the other half of dish with remaining rolls. Spread remaining ½ cup (125ml) sour cream over tortillas. Top with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is golden, about 15 min. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Good with sliced avocados and sour cream.
Compliments of Chatelaine Food