FAUX FRIED CHICKENChicken Recipes
- 1 cup (250ml) finely crushed croutons, cornflakes or taco chips
- 1 tsp (5ml) poultry or Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp (2ml) each dried thyme leaves and salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil or
- 2 tbsp (30ml) regular mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. In a shallow dish, stir croutons with poultry seasoning, thyme and salt. Lightly brush a chicken breast with oil, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken, oil and crumb mixture. Discard any remaining coating.
- Bake chicken in centre of oven until coating is crisp and golden, from 25 to 30 min. Wonderful with roasted cherry tomatoes.
Compliments of Chatelaine Food