How to get fresh produce this winter!Farm Events Information Miscellaneous
Its been a while since we’ve updated you on the comings and goings at Lunar Rhythm Gardens, so here goes!
Now that fall has definitely shown its colours, and the CSA has wrapped up for summer – we are looking ahead to our Winter CSA, which starts October 24th and runs till January 23, 2016. That means harvesting all the root veggies from the garden to put into storage… This week its carrots!
As in previous years, we will be holding on farm mini-markets where you can pre-order your produce, honey, eggs and meat and pick it up at the farm on Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm. The first one will be this Saturday, October 24th! Here’s what’s available to order, please get your order in by Thursday 🙂
- kale – $3
- swiss chard – $3
- leeks – $3
- carrots regular & rainbow – $3
- rutabaga – $1.50/lb
- onions – $1.75/lb
- greens – $3.50/small and $5.50/large (spicy mustard greens, tatsoi,
spinach, arugula, mizuna, mesclun)
- parsley – $1.50
- celery – $3
- celeriac – $3/2
- acorn & butternut squash – $1.50/lb
- spring turnips (limited amounts) – $2/bunch
- Honey – $12.50/large, $7/small
- Apples (russets, spartan, jona gold) – $1.25/lb
- Chicken halves & wholes
- Veal (steaks, scallopinni, cutlets)
- Beef (marrow bones, stew, roasts, hamburger $6/lb)
- Pork (smoked ham steaks, chops, spare ribs)
Looking ahead to 2016 – we’re also accepting registrations for the 2016 Summer CSA – early bird discount before October 31st!
In the meantime, we have a couple of markets left this fall, Fleming College Sutherland Campus on Thursday, October 22 from 10 am to 2 pm, as well as a 2 day Health and Wellness Fair at UOIT on October 22 and 23, 10 am to 2 pm both days.
Enjoy the last bit of warm weather! Cheers!