PARSNIP & PEAMEAL CHOWDERMiscellaneous Parsnips Recipes
- 2 tbsp (25ml) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250g) of peameal bacon diced
- 4 cups (1l) diced onions
- 2 cups (500ml) diced unpeeled red potatoes
- 8 cups (2l) diced parsnips
- 12 cups (3l) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp (15ml) chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp (2ml) cayenne
- 2 cups (500ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15ml) paprika
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add bacon and fry for 2 minutes or until any fat has rendered. Add onions and sautee until softened, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes and parsnips and continue to cook for 1 minute stirring well to combine.
- Pour in stock and season with thyme and cayenne. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer , covered for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cream and parsley and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Serve garnished with a sprinkle of paprika.
Compliments of Food & Drink. LCBO