SESAME-SAUTEED CARROTSCarrots Recipes
- 1lb (500g) carrots, (about 5 medium, or 10 small)
- 2 tsp (10ml) canola oil
- 2tsp (10ml) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10ml) liquid honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Trim off ends of carrots. Gently scrub under running water to remove any sand and grit. Cut crosswise on a diagonal into 1/8-inch (3mm) slices.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat canola and sesame oil over high heat. Add carrots and sesame seeds and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until just starting to wilt. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. And honey and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serves 4 to 6.
Compliments of Food & Drink, LCBO