Signs of Spring!Information Miscellaneous Pictures Products Registration
Hello, Friends of the Farm!
This past week – Jess was out picking up supplies in Elmira for the start of the growing season; potting soil, cell packs and web trays. And yes – the celeriac and celery have sprouted! Onions, leeks and more have been sown too. I guess that means you should all be signing up for your 2016 Summer CSA! Get in touch for more details on where we are delivering to this season…
While Jess was in Elmira – she visited with some Percherons. Sure sign of spring? Knock kneed foals!
We are having yet another Mini Market on Saturday, March 5th from 10 am to 4 pm. Get your orders in by Thursday, March 3rd in the morning!
Here’s what we have:
Farm Fresh Vegetables:
- Root Parsley – SALE! $1/lb
- Carrots (regular, rainbow & baby WASHED AND SORTED, as there were some not so nice ones last time…) – SALE! $1.50/lb
- Potatoes – SALE! $1.25/lb
- Cooking onions (red and yellow) – SALE! $1.35/lb
- Beets – $1.50/lb (mainly coloured baby beets)
- Winter Radish (green and black) – $1.50/lb
- Rutabaga – $1/lb
- Spinach – $6/large, $3.50/small
- Mesclun, claytonia, tatsoi – $6/large, $3.50/small
- Kale – $3/bunch or bag
- Swiss chard – $3/bag
- Jerusalem artichoke – $4/lb
- Eggs – $4.25/doz.
- Dried herbs – $1.50/bag
- Hot peppers (dried) – $1.50/bag
- Frozen peppers – $1/bag
- Frozen Pesto – $2.50/container
- Regular Honey Wren Lane Farm $7.50/500 mL $13/1 L
- John Todd’s Wildflower Honey:
- Creamed Honey $6/jar (plain, chocolate, lavender, bee pollen, ginger)
- Buckwheat honey $9/jar
- Honey comb
Farm Fresh Meats:
- Chicken – whole & halves
- Pork- chops, ground, pork hocks, fresh ham roasts, smoked ham roasts, peameal bacon
- Beef- marrow bones, suet, ground beef, roasts, steaks
- Milk-fed, humanely raised veal!
As always – if there is ever a problem with our product – or if you would like to know more about a product, please get in touch! We can only improve with your help!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Certified Organic Vegetable Share! Thanks for supporting local, sustainable agriculture!