Hello, Friends of the Farm!
Its been a blast from the past having Karen back as a teamster/intern this year. This picture looks like its straight out of 2013!
Many of you will recall that Jessalynn has taken a new Jersey calf under her wing. Here is a picture of Cinderelly out learning how to lead (with a little help from Dime).
Have no fear, the garden is greening too… The garlic is up!
Easter weekend is coming up fast – but we have you covered: we are having yet another Mini Market on Saturday, March 26th from 10 am to 4 pm. Get your orders in by Thursday, March 24th in the morning! If you need your order in time for Easter weekend, get in touch and we will try to accommodate!
Here’s what we have:
Farm Fresh Vegetables:
- Jerusalem artichoke – SALE! $3.50/lb
- Root Parsley – SALE! $1/lb
- Carrots (regular, rainbow & baby WASHED AND SORTED, as there were some not so nice ones last time…) – SALE! $1.50/lb
- Potatoes – $1.50/lb
- Cooking onions (red and yellow) – $1.50/lb
- Beets – $1.50/lb (mainly coloured baby beets)
- Rutabaga – $1/lb
- Spinach – $6/large, $3.50/small
- Claytonia – $6/large, $3.50/small
- Kale – $6/large, $3.50/small
- Eggs – $4.25/doz.
- Dried herbs – $1.50/bag
- Frozen peppers – $1/bag
- Frozen Pesto – $2.50/container
- Regular Honey Wren Lane Farm $7.50/500 mL $13/1 L
- John Todd’s Wildflower Honey PLEASE PRE-ORDER:
- Creamed Honey $6/jar (plain, chocolate, lavender, bee pollen, ginger)
- Buckwheat honey $9/jar
- Honey comb $6/each
Farm Fresh Meats:
- Chicken – whole & halves
- Pork- smoked ham roasts and steaks, smoked pork chops, back ribs, pork chops, ground, bacon, peameal bacon
- Beef- ground beef, roasts (short rib, cross rib, sirloin tip), steaks (blade, porterhouse, wing, T-bone), marrow bones, suet
- Milk-fed, humanely raised veal – scaloppini, cutlets
- Yellowlees lamb – kabobs in stock (can order sausage, patties, ground and chops – order ASAP!)
Don’t forget to sign up for our Certified Organic Vegetable Share! Thanks for supporting local, sustainable agriculture!
Hello Friends of the Farm –
Here we are in mid-January, and the selection for our mini markets is still going strong! Here’s a picture of Kitty Cat sunning herself in the tree 🙂
Here’s what we have for this weeks, mini market on Saturday, January 23rd. Please get your orders in by Thursday morning, January 21st! Early bird gets the worm 🙂
- Garlic $2.50/bulb
- Kohlrabi $4 each
- Spinach small $3.50, large $5.50 (first come first serve)
- Kale $3/bunch
- Cooking onions $1.50/lb
- Carrots $1.75/lb
- Potatoes $1.50/lb OR $1.25/lb over 10lb
- Acorn squash $3 each
- Root parsley $1.50/lb
- Winter radish (green meat or black spanish) $1.50/lb
- Rutabaga $1.25/lb
- Celeriac $1.25/lb
- Jerusalem artichokes $4/lb
- Dried beans $5/grocery bag – not shelled
- Dried herbs $1.50/bag
Farm Fresh products:
- Bar soap $4 each
- Honey $7.50 for small
- Pork: ground, pork bones, smoked ham roast, spare ribs, ham steak, honey garlic, maple and mild Italian sausage, back ribs, smoked pork hocks, bacon, butt chops
- Beef: stew, ground, sirloin tip roast, liver
- Milk Fed Veal: Rib steak, wing steak, Porterhouse steak, blade steak, sirloin steak, tenderloin, T-Bone steak
- Yellowlees Lamb: ground, chop, honey garlic sausage and patties, kabob
We’ve already placed our seed order for the year, which means we need “seed money”! Be the first to get a crack at our Certified Organic Vegetable Share! Thanks for supporting local, sustainable agriculture!