Organic Summer CSA Sign-Up
When purchasing an organic summer CSA share, members receive a basket of fresh locally grown vegetables once a week during the growing season, and a real connection to their food and farmer.
The program season has averaged 18-21 weeks (nature allowing) from mid-June to late October. For 2018 the season officially starts the week of June 4th!
Sign up for a Certified Organic Summer CSA Share:
Summer CSA ONLINE Sign-Up Form
We’re so glad you’ve made the choice to connect with your food and your local farmer!
Summer CSA Form (PDF)
- Summer CSA Registration Form in printable pdf format.
To register for the Summer CSA using the pdf registration form, please send a non-refundable payment of cash or cheque for $100. Cheques must be made out to Jessica Foote. The remainder of the balance is due by the first pick up of the current CSA year.
Lunar Rhythm Gardens
253 Gray Road
Janetville, ON L0B 1K0
Summer CSA - How does it work?
In order for farmers to plan to grow the appropriate amount of vegetables for their share members, we need our members to Sign Up for our Summer CSA and pay their deposit (“seed money”, literally) for a share in the seasons veggies as soon as possible in the New Year.
After purchasing a share members receive a basket of fresh locally grown vegetables once a week during the growing season, and a real connection to their food and farmer. The program season has averaged 18-21 weeks (nature allowing) from mid-June to late October.
Our Organic vegetables contain:
- NO pesticides
- NO herbicides
- NO fungicides
- NO synthetic fertilizers
And we provide you with great recipes to prepare your fresh vegetables.
We welcome your involvement in the garden, and invite our members to come out to the farm.
We also offer naturally raised meats including naturally raised pork, beef, chickens, and turkeys – free of growth hormones and government inspected. We custom cut to your specification. Please view the various products we offer.
Summer CSA Details
- A half share is sized to feed a young family or a couple, priced at $450.
- A full share is sized to feed larger families, vegans and vegetarians, priced at $850.
- A working share is available: provide 8 hours work in exchange for a $25 discount (to be refunded upon completion).
- Equal Payments can be made on the 1st of March, April, May and June for full, half and working shares.
- There is a $50 in-town drop off fee per member who opts for an in-town drop-off in either Port Perry, Brooklin, Bowmanville or Lakefield. People who opt for multiple shares only pay 1 in-town drop-off fee.
What can I expect in my Summer CSA Box?
Each week you’ll receive a mix of in-season fresh produce. Items you could find:
- green onions
- pac choi
- specialty salad greens
- head lettuce
- green beans
- swish chard
- chinese cabbage
We work hard to ensure a bountiful harvest and plant a large variety of vegetables, herbs and some fruit. Sometimes weather, disease or pests will affect the harvest and members agree to share this risk with the farmer.
We have various Pick-Up Locations.
Prices for in town drop offs are an extra 50$*.